A blog about general entertainment, fashion, and movies. And some random stuff too.

Monday, February 14, 2011

Top 5: Memorable Fashion of the BAFTAs/Grammy weekend

This weekend was BUSY. Not only were the Grammys on Sunday, so were the BAFTAs. It was fun, and I thought I'd have a lot more fashion stuff to deal with, but turns out it's not as much as usual. So instead of doing a top 5 list of both worst and best looks, I am just doing one list of most memorable looks from both shows. Let's go!

5.Florence Welch at the Grammys in Givenchy Haute Couture
This girl is one of my FAVORITES. And she has such a weird sense of style that this weird dress works on her so well! GREAT choice! I love it. The feather and swan details on it actually make me think of her CD cover. Perfect.

4. Selena Gomez at the Grammys in J. Mendel
Dear LORD this girl has grown up nicely. She looks SUPER hot. This is classy but sexy and a great way to say "Hey, I'm a woman now" without being half naked with a python draped across your shoulders. Hair sleek, make up perfect, jewelry and accessories spot-on. Not to mention the gold in the dress makes her skin tone glow. Goddess.

3.Rhianna at the Grammys in Jean Paul Gaultier Haute Couture
  So basically she is naked with lots of tufts of fur tied around her. SKANK. I don't understand why she feels the need to show off every part of her body. She is sexy and beautiful, but she RUINS it by being so slutty. STOP TRYING SO HARD.

2.Emma Watson at the BAFTAs in Valentino
Emma looked SO stunning in this. It's hard to look elegant with such a spunky hair cut because it usually comes off as too harsh, but she is able to pull it off regardless. The ruffle detail around the shoulders is nice, and the ruffles around the bottom balance it out nicely. Her shoes are awesome, too! Her make up makes her look like an angel. Just beautiful.

1. Nicole Kidman at the Grammys in Jean Paul Gaultie
I audibly gasped when I saw her on the screen. She is looking more beautiful and more relaxed than she has in YEARS and I am SO excited! Her skin is perfect and creamy, her hair color is the best shade of strawberry blond, and her face is showing emotion! No more botox, hooray! And that dress really fits her and looks wonderful around her tall, slender curves. She is just the most beautiful thing that has happened all weekend. ♥


Honorable mention: Lady Gaga in an alien egg aparatus. This was just kind of ridiculous. I've been all about her weirdness in the last year or so, but this was just too much, and then the pay off wasn't good enough. So much hype, over the top... just not... worth it. I was not into it this time.

CHECK OUT THE ENTIRE ALBUM AND COMMENT ON EACH LOOK HERE! :)

3 comments:

  1. Nicole Kidman looks so beautiful, and why wouldn't she be soooooo happy. She's married to the hottest man ever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so funny. Rihanna-skank. Selena-hot! Nicole-beautiful.
    So right on!!!! I remember Selena when she had a pony-tail sitting in my living room as flat as a pancake. What a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! this is the best nicole has looked in a while but still not great to me. rihanna looks like a naughty snowball. florence looks like her stylist was crushed by a machine. emma watson looked better on my tv screen. selena looked very nice and graceful.

    ReplyDelete