A blog about general entertainment, fashion, and movies. And some random stuff too.

Monday, July 23, 2012

Movie Review: The Dark Knight Rises


I can only really express my feelings for this movie with bullet points... so here we go:

MEGA Spoilers below...

  • I absolutely ABSOLUTELY loved this dang movie.. sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much. I JUST... lk;fasjdlkfajsdl;kfajwefncihxg;e rijkg[pflht
Ok now actual things. 
  • I CRIED
  • I enjoyed Bale as Bruce more in this movie than ever before. I felt like there was so much more playful writing for his character than there ever has been. 
  • I was very sad when Alfred left Bruce.

    And then I was sure Alfred was going to die... bc Bane knew who Bruce was, so I was sure he'd use Alfred against him. So glad he didn't.
  • IT WAS SO VIOLENT. I know that's redundant for a super hero movie, but I've never seen Batman get beat on like he does in this movie, and I was NOT okay with. Nope. Nope. Nope. 
  • ANNE HATHAWAY ... she was like... good. I was so skeptical the whole lead-up to this movie about her being Catwoman, but the way they did her.. she was fabulous. It was great. GREAT. 
(Let me preface the next "feels" by this, Catwoman and Batman were the cake toppers at my and my husband's wedding, srsly)
  •     BATMAN AND CATWOMAN KISS
        IN COSTUME
        AND OMG
        lkasjdl;fkjdflkwjekrlfjpbdfbj;lkcvjb
  • And Catwoman even begs Batman to come with her because they could go anywhere and be anything together and GOD OH GOD OHOOOGFGG GODDDDD
Here are all my ending feels:
  • THE ENDING. THE FLIPPING ENDING OF THIS MOVIE... OH MY GODDDD. 
  • I was stifling sobs. It was... almost like Snape-crying. 
  • They absolutely tricked me. 
  • And then the funeral... and Alfred CRIED and said he was sorry he failed the Waynes... and I just... fg;lehcjgnjsdhjg NO NO NO ALFRED NO. 
  • Then JGL quits the force... and then they give Batman a statue in the city... 
  • Then Alfred goes on his little trip... and we find out JGL's REAL NAME IS ROBIN AND Asdj hcgnfpaieudfnghkdjfvnlksajfghbkljdh 
  • Then Alfred SEES SELINA AND BRUCE HAVING LUNCH BC THAT FLIPPING SHIP IS FINALLY CANON.... 
  • SELINA AND BRUCE WERE ENDGAME FOR THIS SERIES!!! 
  • THEY NEVER END UP TOGETHEERRRR BUT THEY FINALLY DID 
  • A HAPPILY EVER AFTER SELINA AND BRUCE OMG
  • I kept having feel after feel after feel until I died of emotions.
  • The ending was everything I never knew I was allowed to want and especially didn't think we'd get.
  • I was SURE Bat and Cats would not be in love. I was sure they were going with the Talia thing as the love interest. Period. So I was SO surprised and happy kldjfgldaksjghenhgbcxjd nfxhvjm
  • Nolan it's like you wrote your ending after digging through my HEART

No comments:

Post a Comment