CATEGORIES PEOPLE KIND OF CARE ABOUT:
- LES MIS is a Best Pic nom! Excited and surprised that's become my favorite for this season, I think.
- DJANGO for Best Pic as well, surprised kind of but also happy. Will this get Leo in a seat at the Oscars??? I don't think so and that makes me want to die.
- 9 BP NOMS and I have only seen 4, ugh. (LET'S JUST SIDENOTE THAT I LOVE LINCOLN AND ARGO ALSO THERE'S THAT.) I guess I can see Silver Linings easily enough but I am not interested in any of the others really fml.
- HUGH JACKMAN LANDS HIS FIRST OSCAR NOM FOR LES MIS AND DEF SHOULD HAVE BC HE WRECKED ME GUISE, JUST WRECKED ME, TEARS AND SNOT EVERY WHERE ajsdlkfjaskdfv afdgh
- But DDL will win instead so wahhhhhh (even though I love him, too ... win/win I guess...?)
- Also, just read an article about JOAQUIN PHOENIX yesterday and how he hates the Oscars so CONGRATS DUDE ON YOUR NOMINATION.
Oh Denzel surprise didn't see you thar!
- Seen NONE of the movies where are lovely main lady noms come from but my girlfriend JESSICA CHASTAIN is in there so WOO HOO I guess.
- OH LOOK BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR THIS SHOULD BE WEHRE LEO- wait wut?
WHAT? WUT IS THIS ..?SHOCKING NO LEO DICAPRIO IN THAT CATAGORY OHGOD WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT?
- this girl. this girl would have thought.
- I am so far beyond being ragey about this by now that I just feel a piece of my soul die each year Leo isn't nominated when he should have been so... basically yeah.
- Each time Leo doesn't get nominated for a great role, it means the Academy has created another horcrux.
- OH BUT CHRISTOPH WALTZ FROM DJANGO IN THAT CATEGORY? Even though he was arguably the star of the movie? OKAY THAT MAKES SENSE NO BIG DEAL Kasj gkadfhjknsghunfairrrrrrr
- FML bc Leo ain't gonna be at the Oscars look fly in a suit.
- LOOKING SO FLY UGH
- ANNE HATHAWAY got a nom, OF COURSE, for my fave, Les Mis!!! Hopefully she'll win bc I am so over Amy Adams. I love her but I don't get why people think she's this great actress
..(.I've NEVER been very impressed with her. Just in Junebug and in Catch Me If You Can. The. End.)
- Wow 5 animated noms... snore.
- Now for the Directing
SNUBS, er... I meanNoms. LOOK, NO BEN AFFLECK. AND NO QT? Ok, fine QT, this was not his best work (though it may be one of my personal faves), but BEN... I just think he deserved a nom for Argo over some of the others lifeofpi or beasts, I loved it. Seriously. srsly. ALSO NO HOOPER FOR LES MIS. Just realized...w ut?
AND NOW CATEGORIES NO ONE CARES ABOUT BUT ME!
- ANNA KARENINA IS IN CINEMATOGRAPHY AND COSTUME OH GOD EXACTLY WHAT IT DESERVES. It was such a beautiful movieeeeeeeee
- (Remember when I had hope for Keira to have an Oscar nom this year? PAHAHA, welp. At least I am not disappointed bc I didn't expect. And won't expect one for a while since she's decided to do that Adam Levine movie with the worst title in history, "Can a Song Save Your Life?"
the answer is NO)
- Ugh and I just love Les Mis in costumes, and Lincoln... and I know I was the only one who loved LAWLESS.. but I WISH it were in that category as well bc those costumes were great. Hardy in a cardy 5ever.
- Hey look, documentaries happened this year...
- Argo for film editing... Lincoln too, even though that movie was super long. It didn't feel that long... no Django bc let's be honest, Django WAS too long.
but i still loved and enjoyed it calm down sheesh
- ANNA KARENINA FOR SCORE ALSO OH GOD MY HEART. My love affair with Dario Marianelli knows no bounds.
- And of course, the only reason they added a song to Les Mis is so they could be nominated for an Oscar and it has paid off. HUGH PLEASE PERFORM IT AT THE CEREMONY OKAY? OKAY.
- AVENGERS GOT A NOM bahahahah forgot that was a thing, guys, I totally did. Yay tech awards, I guess.
- At least QT got a writing nom. And so did Moonrise, which I am rooting for for my fran who loves that movie.