- Yay Gary Oldman is nominated! It BETTER BE HIS YEAR TO WIN
because I love him more than is appropriate.
- GROSS. Brad Pitt is nominated AGAIN… for what looks to be a completely mediocre role. Also I hate his stupid, smug face. He better not win.
- NO LEO? WHAT IS EVEN… AMPAS, you can suck it.
- Rooney Marra! Hooray. I like her even though I hated the movie.
- Uh oh, both GG winners, Michelle Williams and Meryl Streep are competing for the Oscar.
- MELISSA MCCARTHY FROM BRIDESMAIDS GOT A NOM! I am SO happy for her!! She is fantastic. I hope she is partying hard today!
- God… 5 animated movies this year? And I don’t care about ANY of them.
- Every time I see “War Horse” or “Tree of Life” listed, I get annoyed.
- Jane Eyre for costume design! I love it! It needs to be recognized for something.
- Also, any time I see “Moneyball” listed, I get angry.
- I’m irritated there is no “Jane Eyre” or "Deathly Hallows” for score.
- OH HEAVENLY… OH MY GOD! BRET MCKENZIE FROM FLIGHT OF THE CONCHORDS IS NOMINATED FOR HIS SONG IN THE MUPPETS!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW ABSOLUTELY PRECIOUS I CANNOT EVEN!
- Oh… GOD…. I’ve only seen ONE of the best picture nominees. And I will NOT see… 4 of them because I am not remotely interested (or it’s The Tree of Life and have been told if I watch it my face will melt off my head).
- This is a weird thing to be irritated about… but I think Deathly Hallows Part 2 should have been nominated for sound editing and mixing. ANGER.
Tuesday, January 24, 2012
Posted by elizagolightly at 10:11 AM
This is the list of nominations. And this is how I reacted as I read through them: